2010. This will be the year I break 100. I will score 99 or less. But that did not happen. =(
It's a tough course. The scorecard rates it at 130. I didn't do too bad. I scored a 106. What killed me was chipping. That's the first thing to go in my game. I couldn't chip for shit and I had the hardest time accelerating my hands through the ball. Grr. I want to have a good short game since I am a short hitter.
Other than my short game, I think I did fine. I haven't been to the range in over a week. My driver was good. At first I kept hooking it or slicing it, but once I got to the back 9 I was able to hit it straight and high. I need to keep my head still. In addition to moving it sideways, I am also turning my head and peeking out of the corner of my eye. I need to stop because it's detrimental to my swing.
Woods. Fair. I wasn't hitting them that great. I think I could barely get them over 100 yard off of the fairway. Not good because that leaves me very short of the green. There goes my green in regulation. I need to improve that stat too.
Irons. Inconsistent. I really have inconsistent distances because I don't hit them on the sweet spot. Sometimes I can hit my 7i 100yds, but then other times I will hit it 80 yds. GRRRRR. I even overshot the green with it, but I think I misread the yardage.
Putting. I three putted on 2 of the par 3s where I was able to reach the green. One of them, I read the the line correctly, but got the speed wrong and went 5ft past the hole. Then I couldn't putt it back. arg. Putting was a bit easier since the greens were wet so I could be more aggressive.
I did learn how to use my legs in the swing. That helps alot, but I need to remember to stay stacked and remember to rotate around the core and have a one piece takeaway.
The next time I'm at the range, I need to work on:
- not turning my head
- one piece takeaway
- staying stacked
- using my legs
- chipping
And the shot of the day:
I hit my drive onto a sidehill lie. When I addressed the ball it was above my feet (about waist high). I hit it with my 5 wood, and it goes 5 feet and hits the side of the hill. I think it will sit because my drive sat. So I walk to it (thinking it will sit), but then it starts to roll to the other end of the fairway because the fairway funnels to the left. I had to chase it down and then hit. Anthony saw the whole thing and laughed his ass off.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment