Anthony and I went to the range in preparation for Saturday's round of golf. I didn't hit well, but he helped me, especially with my driver.
First, we worked on my routine and applied it to all of my clubs. I stand over the ball way to long. So we worked on me taking my practice swing, setting up to the ball and hitting away. That helped alot. I started to hit better. If I stand over the ball, I start to have doubts and that ruins my confidence. So the next time we play, I have to take my practice swing as if the ball was there. Then I step up, make my small adjustments, take my rehersal takeback and then swing away.
Second, we worked on my driver. I had driver troubles.
- I took the driver back too low.
On my backswing, my hands ended up below my ear. To correct that, he had me swing my club with my left hand to the top of my swing. Where it ended up is where I should be. So we worked on getting me to that position.
- Get wide
I need to get wide to get more power out of my swing. I tend to take it too far inside. So gotta think, stay wide.
Speaking of thinking....
- Swing thoughts
I have no swing thoughts. Anthony asked me what I thought and I don't really think anything. I just think, get the ball high straight and far. Yep I have no swing thoughts. I need to think about my shoulder and upper arm. On the takeback, I need to think stay wide, hands high turn left shoulder. For the downswing and at impact I need to think left side flat at impact and rotate through. These thoughts helped me alot.
Third, he also touched on me rotating through. My hips were sliding and not really rotating around. He told me to think like my forehand, how I rotate through it. Once I got that feeling ingrained, I applied it to my driver and yay! problem solved.
These all helped me and on my final driver shot, I got it to go high, and about 150 yds. =D Glad I got to end on that.
Before he really focused on helping me, I had trouble getting my legs into my swing. So I used the one leg drill. That helped me to stay centered and stop my sway.
I can't hit out of the sand. I have the hardest time accelerating my hands through the ball and entering the sand 1/2 and inch before the ball. I need to practice more, and longer.
I also worked on my putting. I am getting a little better at shortening my backstroke. Now I need to apply it to the course. I still hit it a foot short, so that means I need to aim a little past the hole. Thats for flat shots. I gotta work on my downhill putts. It's really difficult to get the speed right, especially if the green starts to slope near the hole.
Anyways, this Saturday we are going to play 36 holes of golf! Yay! And we are playing it at my favorite course. So I have 2 chances to break 100 I know I can do it too. I know I can. Think positive. And Anthony's cousin is going to play with us, yay! I love playing with her.
So tomorrow at the tee box, I gotta remember what I learned.
-stay wide
-hands high
-rotate left shoulder
-left side flat at impact.
Friday, February 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment