I broke 100 again! Yay! I scored a 97 at Monarch Bay from the forward tees. =)
I learned that I don't have to play particularly well. I just have to keep advancing the ball (ie hit it over 100 yards from the fairway) and get a green in regulation or one over a green in regulation. From there I just have to 2 putt or less and it will be a fine and dandy day.
How did I do?
First, I wasn't hitting my driver well. It would slice and find a fairway bunker and other times, it would go straight. On one hole I had a 160 yard drive that was verified by Sky Caddie. I did find a lot of fairway bunkers and I did fine getting out of them. I had to remember that I had to pick the ball clean and keep my lower body still. When I would sway, I wasn't able to get out cleanly, but I got out. I also didn't have any really bad shots. I was able to advance the ball and I even had 2 pars! yay! I am getting the hang of pitching. I even got a pitch to land and stop 6 inches from the hole to save par.
Putting - My putting was erratic. The day before I spent over an hour working on putting with Anthony. First we worked on my set up. My hands were too far away from my body and were hanging in an odd position. My stance was a little too wide and the ball was too far away from me. To fix all of this, I had to have my hands hang straight down under my chin. I also narrowed my stance, so that my feet were under my hips. To fix the ball position, we moved the ball closer to me. Next, we worked on my 25' to 30' putts. I have the most trouble with this distance because I either leave putts really short or I hit it way past the hole. I had to work on getting it within tap in distance. We worked on putting uphill and downhill to help work on my distance control. Even though we worked on this my putting on the front 9 was horrendous. I would leave putts short and long. I got things under control on the back nine. I need to learn to calm down before I putt.
That's how I played. =)
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment