Monday, January 18, 2010

Iced Coffee is Delicious!

And potent. I read it contains more caffeine than a regular cup of coffee. This isn't a good thing for me because I am very sensitive to caffeine. A can of pepsi is enough for me to keep me awake, so imagine what a cup of coffee will do to me. It makes me jittery!

The first time I had iced coffee was from Starbucks. It was delicious and I liked it better than a cup of black coffee. Ever since that moment, I have been hooked. I've looked around the internet on how to make iced coffee, and I was wrong. I thought iced coffee was made from freshly brewed coffee and iced cubes. It is made by soaking coffee grounds in room temperature water overnight to create a concentrate. This process draws out the flavor and doesn't draw out the bitterness from the beans. This concentrate is then added to equal parts cold water, and then flavored with milk and sugar. I like mine with raw sugar and enough milk to turn the drink a creamy medium brown.

I first followed this recipe from this site, which shed the secrets to making great iced coffee. It led me to The New York Times article. Both recipes are good and very similar to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment