Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Progress


Here is the second sock. Knitting is a long and slow process. It's taking awhile to do, but at least there is progress. I am glad I inserted a lifeline at certain points because I have had to unravel it a few times. Lifelines suck to put in, but they are lifesavers! haha. No really, they are. They have prevented from starting. from. the. beginning. This is good becasue this second sock is driving me batty. It's the perfectionist in me. I think knitting maybe horrible for me because I have perfectionist tendencies.

Currently, I am working on the heel and decreasing the gusset. Decreasing the gusset is difficult because I do not have my knitting on 3 different needles. I think I have it on 5 different needles, so I need to be aware of where I am. Right now this is the slowest part because I have to be careful. I am also trying to improve my knitting technique. I am trying to hold the yarn properly and trying to keep my tension even.

I hope to finish this project soon so I can start another one. I have a few sock patterns I want to try, but I need to find one where I learn a new technique. Maybe I won't do socks next. I think I'll try mittens next. I have a few patterns in mind. Yea... I think I will try that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment