Last night I researched about Broad Street Mittens because the directions were too confusing. I read that mittens aren't a good project for beginners to do. I don't care, I'm kinda of ambitions. Searching the Ravelry forums led me to an easier pattern to follow and it solved my sizing problem. It's the Progressive Gloves Pattern by Interweave Knits. =) I think I had this saved in my queue, but it was at the bottom of the pile. I think I am going to try this out as my next project.
A few things I had no idea what they are talking about:
Fourchette - The article explains it as some type of gusset. *shrugs* I don't think I can even define gusset.
Backward Loop Method - I need to read/learn how to do this method. This meets my goal of learning a new techinique in each project. =)
WTF are the Cast On stitches at the base of (index, middle or ring) finger fourchette. Hmm I think those are the stitches I created using the Backward Loop method. hmmmm. I think that is right because I have to use the backward loop method to cast on stitches. And these stitches occur next to the finger I am working on. yay I think I solved something! But I will check on the forums to see if I am correct and how the heck to do this.
Things I need to learn or will learn as I do this project:
Backward Loop Method:
How to work with waste yarn
Binding off - I've never done a project that requires binding off
Gussets for mittens- need to download the file so I can study it and learn how to do it.
I think I am good for now. I can't wait to start it.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment