Thursday, February 18, 2010

Driving Range 2.17.10

I went to the driving range to work on my driver. Failed on that. I can't keep my head still during my swing. Argg. This sway and head bobbing is KILLING ME. It's killing my swing. It's killing my game. I really need to work on it and fight it. I also dip at the ball in my downswing. I need to stop that. To remedy that, I did the feet together drill. I have to work on doing this drill properly.

Things finally clicked with me getting out of the sand. Yay! In the past, I would not swing along my body line. Instead, I would swing along the ball line. Last night, I finally learned how to swing along my body line. yay!! My divots were better. I still dig my club through the sand, but my divots aren't as deep. Good. Now I need to work on entering the club on the sand properly and also continuing to accelerate my hands through. I tend to stop swinging once I hit, but I have to remember to keep on going through.

I think I am in another slump. I need to fight thorugh it. And I will. I hate how I have so much pressure on myself to break 100. I have to break 100. I have to.

There are some days when I just want to quit golf. It's too freaking hard, but then I know I am not a quitter and that's not me. So gotta work through this.

But I still like tennis better. I can grunt when I hit the ball. I can take my anger out on the ball. But in golf... that stupid ball taunts me.

No comments:

Post a Comment