Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I *heart* Spam Musubi


I made spam musubi!!! YUMMY!! I have been craving this for along time. And I have a mold that I can put to use. It's really easy to make and there are so many ways to make it. Plus it's a lot cheaper to make than to spend $3-$4 on one.

Ingredients
1 can spam, sliced into 8-10 slices
3 cups calrose rice
2 T brown sugar
1 T Aloha Shoyu
Nori

Directions
1. In a shallow bowl, dissolve brown sugar into shoyu.
2. Slice spam into 8-10 slices.
3. Heat up a frying pan on medium-low heat.
4. Soak up spam in brown sugar shoyu mixture for a few minutes.
5. Cook spam until slightly crispy and the brown sugar shoyu mixture caramalizes.
6. Place nori on a plate. Place musubi mold on nori. Scoop rice into mold and press rice down. Place spam on top, remove mold
7. Wrap nori tightly and seal with some water.
8. Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment