Monday, February 8, 2010

Driving Range 2.6.10 & 2.7.10

Saturdays at the range are interesting. After a few days of not golfing, I don't hit well. Sundays are usually better.

Driver
I can't hit this.

Woods
I did ok here. I was hitting my 9 wood pretty well. I had trouble with my 5 wood. I couldn't hit if off the ground. I kept hitting groundies until I figured out that I needed to hit it harder. That got it up into the air. On Sunday, I couldn't hit my 9 wood, but I could hit my 5 wood. Weird.

Irons
Pretty good. I still need to work on not swaying and keeping my head still.

Chipping
I am working on shortening my backswing, the hinge and hold, and accelerating through. It's hard shortening my backswing.

Bunker - Did not practice... there were puddles in the bunkers

Putting
I changed my stroke by shortening the backswing. This is a good change because I can now continue to accelerate through the ball. Now I don't take too long of a backswing and have to slow down through the ball.

I lost in pig. Again. I had a 2-0 lead (p-i lead?), but Anthony came back and won Jamba Juice. I always do that. I blow the lead. But I did sink a 10 footer to save myself at the beginning. That was pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment