My friend hit me with his tee shot right smack in the thigh. Luckily and thankfully it did not hit any other part of my body. So how did I get hit? Well, the group in front of us was taking FOREVER to get down the fairway. I went first because I don't drive the ball that far and they were still within my friend's driver vicinity. So I go and then I stand off to the side out of the way. My friend's tee box is to the left of my box (so my box is out of the way) and is 30 yards behind mine. The right side of his tee box was about 10 yards to the right of the left side of my tee box. So yea I am out of the way. He tees up his ball on the right side of his box (I have no fucking clue why since he never does that). He hits the ball and then I see it coming at me, but I couldn't react fast enough and I get hit. I then collapse onto the ground and start rubbing my leg because it's stinging from all of the pain. I dunno what the hell was said, I think I remember my friend said he was sorry, but hey I was in pain. Anthony was halfway down the fairway when he heard me yelp. I heard him ask me if I was ok. Then I heard him ask my friend, "How did you do that?!" Which was hilarious, but I couldn't laugh because of the pain. Ugh. But seriously how the hell did that happen. We've been playing for about a year, and his line drive tee shots need to go. Hah. I forgot to mention that his box is slightly elevated.
Anyways, I got up and hobbled/limped to my ball (which was about 170 yards away). I saw the yardage marker and tried to do the math. The first marker I found said it was 113 to the middle, and my ball was 30 paces in front of it. So I was figuring out it was about 60 to the middle. Then I saw another marker about 5 paces in front of my ball and it said that it was about 60 to the front. So now I am confused. I try to gather myself and pick out my PW, my 70 yard club. I figure if I choke down and take a nice easy swing it should get there. It did and it went slightly pass the pin and rolled a few inches into the rough. I have about 2 inches of rough between my ball and start of the fringe. I chose my 6i to chip it out. It stops about 4 feet pass the pin, but that's fine because I am left with a slightly up hill putt. I putt out and make my first par on a par 4. haha. Maybe I should play injured all the time! Not!
Time for pictures!

I was hit around 11am, and here's my leg at 7pm on Saturday. About 20 min after I was hit, there was a dark blue half ring at the site of injury. It was pretty nasty, but I can't see it here. What the picture doesn't show is how swollen the area is. It looked like I had an extra rectus femoris muscle (it's a muscle in the quad). It looked like an alien was growing inside. I got paranoid for a bit, but I continued to ice it. The area was inflamed and it was hot.
Day 2. Still kinda sore to walk, but I can get around. It's starting to heal. Where I was hit, there is a slight dent, but my muscle works fine.
Day 3. I woke up this morning and I wanted to slap myself. I totally forgot to wrap my leg to help the swelling. But that's what my leg looks like. Lovely.



No comments:
Post a Comment